Ah, the classics…
Capcom has announced the revival of some NES era gems in the form of The Disney Afternoon Collection. A compilation of six titles based on popular TV shows from the 80’s and 90’s. All of the titles will support full 1080p HD resolution to look their best on your current set up. Rather than the full remaster treatment we saw in Ducktales, this collection maintains the original game, with some added features. New screen filters will be present to replicate that classic CRT look. New Modes such as Time Attack have been added. They call it Time Attack, but from the footage in the trailer, it looks like built in speed running tools. Neat!
“Boss Rush”, a new mode which will pit players against the game’s respective bosses consecutively for challenging gameplay.
They’ve also added a “Rewind” feature to ease the pain of that classic platformer challenge. Seriously kids, games back then were hard!
To top it off, you’ll get a plethory of museum like goodies such as concept and character art, music clips, even original advertising assets to make you feel young again.
Here’s what’s packed into the collection:
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!
- Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.
- DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.
- DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!
- TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.
I remember playing all of these on my NES. That TaleSpin game was ridiculous!
You can catch The Disney Afternoon Collection when it launches on PS4, Xbox One and Windows (Sorry, Switch) on April 18th, 2017 for $19.99