So for those of you who don’t know, I’ve never played Minecraft before.
Well, I mean, I did play on Mac, but only for maybe an hour before I decided I had no idea what the fuck I was supposed to do and figured it wasn’t for me. But then it came out on Switch and I was intrigued to give it a second chance since everyone and their mother plays this game, including all my fellow Pixelraters. So yeah, I may be five years behind but now I can say I finally get it! Minecraft is a lot of fun! It’s a super chill game which is the kind of thing I’ve been looking for lately. You can find reviews of Minecraft anywhere, so I decided it’d be fun to share my discoveries as they happen throughout each week until I decide it’s too much of a pain in the ass. 🙂
• Died multiple times at first, but am now approaching level 20 • I found steering the boat disorienting at first. I have a much better handle on it now • I am iron man • I created a tunnel pretty far down and marked the entrance with an archway with torches • I built a fence so I can have horses. I managed to make one of them love me, but lack the required saddle to make it go where I want. As a result, I had to keep standing in front of it and push it down a hill into the fenced off area below.
May 14 2017
• I built a rooftop greenhouse • Found the edge of the game map. Can't find my base, got lost at night surrounded by a hostile mob, and the game autosaved with me underwater getting hit from every angle. I reloaded a backup save and disabled autosave. • Tristan keeps finding diamonds and it's pissing me off.
may 15 2017
• After multiple attempts, I have now tamed a dog. He currently resides in my house until I build a fence • Stumbled upon an island full of farm life like pigs, sheep, cows, chickens, and bunnies. I killed all of them. I kind of feel bad—I didn't even know there were rabbits! • I felt as though my dog was lonely so I tamed it a friend • Didn't realize zombies can walk around during the day. Maybe that's why this one was on fire? • Deep in the mine I've been in I found gold, but then died. I haven't been able to find it again. • I found multiple red stone blocks, however it seems I need an enchantment table which means I need obsidian. I didn't have luck with my first attempt at redirecting flowing water on to lava to make some. I'm going to retry with a bucket later.
May 16 2017
• I encountered my first enderman. It's speed scared the shit out of me! I managed to slay it and got an ended pearl. I will dig deeper in my mine. • I keep finding lapis lazuli but it seems to have litttle use other than dyeing items • Rotten flesh shouldn't be eaten as expected. I guess it's useless I want to Zombify myself. • Got some gold. Maybe it'll be worth a lot of value when trading with a merchant? Whenever I find a village that is. • Finished my rooftop greenhouse expansion. I also tamed two sheep who gave birth to a baby sheep. Here was Tristan's response:
May 17 2017
• I traveled across what seemed far and wide, although I'm sure it wasn't. The best part? I managed to find my way back thanks to the position of the sun and the damn Lilly pads. • I found pumpkins! I also managed to get their seeds and currently have twenty plus growing on my roof. • Buckets can hold lava apparently. Who would've thunk it? • Speaking of buckets of lava, I found out they can power your furnace for quite a while which is AMAZING since there's an endless lava supply in my nearby mine • I still can't find any diamonds. Fuck you Tristan.
May 18 2017
• After talking with Tristan and Will I forgot I only need a iron pickaxe to mine redstone. I've been confusing it with the requirements to mine diamonds. Well shit. • My greenhouse is stocked up with pumpkins and carrots now too. • I found a pig on an island, attached a lead, and pulled it across the ocean to my house. That sounds fucking horiffic, but I assure you I would never do this in real life......except I did it twice in Minecraft because, damn it, I love bacon! • My dogs helped me fend off the dangers of the night, which was pretty cool. I thought about building a minecart, except I have no idea what it's destination would be.