- Sony released a PlayStation Communities app for iOS and Android. To be honest, I created a Pixelrater community and never use it. Like, ever. But maybe I’ll mess around with it now.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Trine 2, Medal of Honor: Airborne, and Astropop are the newest Xbox One compatible 360 games.
- The My Nintendo website received a facelift as well as the ability to create child accounts. Buried deep in the settings is the ability to set up a User ID which makes it easier to log into My Nintendo. We also hope it’s the start of a unified login for My Nintendo and Nintendo Network ID’s.
- No Man’s Sky received a massive update titled the Foundation Update which adds base building and more. I wrote an article with all the details here.
Hello Game has been cleared of false advertising with No Man’s Sky in the UK.
Ubisoft pledged moving forward all multiplayer VR titles will be cross play between PSVR, Vive, and Oculus after the successful implementation of Eagle Flight. It’s worth mentioning other VR titles are cross play like EVE: Valkryie.
I’m currently playing through Final Fantasy XV and am enjoying it. You know what I’ll get to eventually enjoy? Partaking in a boss fight against Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda. Weird for sure.
- Gamers have done some digging into No Man’s Sky’s files post Foundation Update and discovered a ground buggy vehicle signaling ground based exploration may be on the way
Video Game Award 2016 Winners
Hideo Kojima (video)
Best E-Sports Game:
Best E-Sports Team:
Best E-Sports Player:
Coldzera – Marcelo David (SK Gaming, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)
Most Anticipated Game:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
Best Sports/Racing Game:
Forza Horizon 3 (Playground Games/Microsoft Studios)
Best Family Game:
Pokémon Go (Niantic)
Best Strategy Game:
Civilization 6 (Firaxis Games/2K)
Best Fighting Game: (head to head combat)
Street Fighter V (Capcom)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Blood and Wine (CD Projekt RED)
Best Action/Adventure Game:
Dishonored 2 (Arkane Studios/Bethesda Softworks)
Best Action Game:
DOOM (id Software/Bethesda Softworks)
Best VR Game:
Rez Infinite (Enhance Games)
Best Mobile/Handheld Game:
Pokémon Go (Niantic)
Best Independent Game:
Games For Impact:
That Dragon, Cancer (Numinous Games) (really touching video….had me tearing up)
Nolan North as Nathan Drake, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Best Music/Sound Design:
Best Art Direction:
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (Naughty Dog/SIE)
Best Game Direction:
Blizzard (for Overwatch)
Game of the Year:
World Premiere Trailers
- The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
- Rocket League: Starbase ARC
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip
- Death Stranding World Premiere
- Dauntless World Premiere
- Lawbreakers World Premiere
- Prey World Premiere
- The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Gameplay World Premiere
- Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment World Premiere
- Halo Wars 2 World Premiere
- Walking Dead: A New Frontier Extended Look
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay World Premiere