- I think I can safely speak for all of us here at Pixelrater when I say we really don’t condone eating at McDonalds (although we have no issues if you do). Even still, the latest partnership between the fast food giant and Nintendo may sway some of you. The two are giving away 100 Mario Kart 8 Switch bundles here in the US (because of course they are). Our take? You’re better off looking for a Switch elsewhere and eating something a little, well, better.
- Nicalis teased the company’s first amibo for Binding of Isaac. We have no confirmed date, price, or idea of what enhancements it would being to Binding of Issac for Switch.
- Fans of Mario Kart 8 who loathe a controversial technique known as “fire hopping” can rest easy, as the method hasn’t made it into the Switch version of the game.
- Fast RMX (Tristan’s review) received an update to version 1.2 which adds a time attack mode along with a better system for connecting with friends.
- If you’re a Minecraft fan on Wii U and are worried about losing the hours poured into your creations when moving to Switch fear not—Mojang has a method for world transfers, although it won’t make it for launch. The Switch version also runs at a smooth 60fps and features game worlds 3.5x larger than Wii U at 3072 x 3072 compared to Wii U’s world size of 864 x 864.
- The first 100% completion run for Breath of the Wild has been done by French speaking Xalikah. It took him 49hr 9min 41s to complete all side quests, main quests, complete all shrines, and find all collectibles.
- The NPD revealed Switch is the fastest selling console for Nintendo and the second fastest selling console overall since the company began tracking the games industry in 1995.
- Kamiko is coming to the eShop in North America and Europe next week for $5. Tristan and I loved the game as witnessed in his initial writeup and brief playthrough, my Twitch stream, and our podcast episode.
- Blizzard has changed the way ties work in Overwatch after receiving a “tremendous amount of feedback” from the games community. Now, one team needs to make a minimum of 33% progress over the other in order to be the winner. So expect more ties Overwatch fans.
- Super Bomberman R has received an update to version 1.3 which adds a new stage, tweaks the difficulty settings, and includes general bug fixes. Perhaps most impressive, is the title’s jump from 30fps to 60fps.
- Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego is receiving a revival via an animated TV series on Netflix the company announced. The series’ first season will span 20 episodes at 22 minutes each and is expected to premiere in 2019.
- Brandi Nampo has filed a trademark for PAC-Man Maker in Europe. If this points to the release of an actual game, we’ll see if PAC-Man has the same nostalgic pull as Mario (it probably doesn’t).
- The original StarCraft has gone free-to-play, and I don’t mean free with a shit ton of microtransactions. Blizzard has released StarCraft and theBrood War expansions as complete free games which is a smart way to get people into the game and maybe convince them to purchase the upcoming StarCraft Remaster. Seems like a great way to get people talking about a game that’s almost two decades old at this point.
When I first saw Vroom in the Night Sky appear in the Nintendo E-Shop I was confused. A Magical girl flying on a motor bike? No clear objective in the ad-reel? The price tag read $10. I was intrigued. I wasn’t interested, but I was intrigued. So I waited. I thought on it for a […]
First off, I want to make note: I apologize for the time it took me to get this article from brain to internet. This was meant to be a Christmas piece in line with the game’s theme. A lot of things happen in life and the release of this game ened up being a strange […]
During it’s launch, PlayStation VR had a pretty good assortment of games. Job Simulator and Wayward Sky, down to smaller titles I’d like to see receive the full game treatment such as Danger Ball and Robot Run. Since then there have been some truly terrifying (in a good way) titles and still others that, while […]