- Naughty Dog’s Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will release August 22 for $39.99 and those who preorder will get a free copy of Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, the upcoming PS2 classic on PS4, as well as a free dynamic theme if it’s done via PSN.
- PlayStation 4 title Race the Sun now has PSVR support via a free update. The studio mentions there is no high score mode or increased difficulty in this mode, it’s meant to just sit back and relax. For those without VR, the studio included s first-person mode as well.
- Breath of the Wild received an update to version 1.1.2 which, according to Nintendo, has made “Adjustments for a more pleasant gaming experience.” Players noticed the company patched out the infinite arrows exploit as well as squashed a bug where boss Master Kohga was not able to be beaten.
- Nintendo, like many tech companies, offers rewards to hackers that submit bugs and security issues regarding their hardware/software. Well the big N has extended it’s program to Switch via the HackerOne platform. The minimum payout is $100 with he max going up to $20,000. Those interested can learn more here.
- Nintendo has officially discontinued the NES Classic (and now Famicom Mini). Here is the company’s official statement:
“Throughout April, NOA territories will receive the last shipments of Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition systems for this year. We encourage anyone interested in obtaining this system to check with retail outlets regarding availability. We understand that it has been difficult for many consumers to find a system, and for that we apologize. We have paid close attention to consumer feedback, and we greatly appreciate the incredible level of consumer interest and support for this product.”
- Switch has become Nintendo’s fastest selling console ever, selling 906,000 units in the US alone in it’s first month! Zelda Breath of the Wild sold 1.3M copies which broke two records for Nintendo: the fastest selling launch title and fastest selling Zelda title!
- Nintendo had a surprise Nintendo Direct with a lot of information! I’ve included the full presentation in the media section (35mins) as well as added the important release dates!
- Microsoft’s Creators Update for Windows 10 is now live and includes new features like built in Beam game streaming, a OS level Game Mode which enables better managing of system resources in order to optimize game performance, a Gaming Section in Windows Settings, and more. You can head on over to the Windows Blog for more details.
- After a long run as an Xbox exclusive developer, studio Remedy Entertainment announced they’re going multiplatform moving forward. The studio updated their in-house engine, Northlight, to natively support PS4. It appears sales for Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break haven’t been so hot, so the studio is planning on their next title, codenamed P7, will release on multiple platforms.
Microsoft is testing out a digital refund service on Xbox One, although it’s currently only available to alpha testers and may not become public. If this service does become available to everyone, Xbox One players will be able to return games that are less than two weeks old and that they’ve played for less than two hours, just like Steam users can.
- GameStop is currently investigating the possibility of stolen credit card and customer info from it’s servers spanning September 2016 through February 2017.
- There’s a brand new PvE event for Overwatch titled Overwatch Uprising. Here’s a brief description via the PlayStation Blog:
“You’ll travel seven years into the past to experience Tracer’s first mission in a brand-new co-op brawl. We’ve also added more than 100 new Uprising Loot Box items that give you a glimpse at other heroes’ origins and backstories, including sprays that highlight key moments in our heroes’ histories, skins like Blackwatch McCree and Genji, Combat Medic Ziegler, Talon Widowmaker, and more.”
- Space adventure game Elite: Dangerous has received an update titled The Commanders, which focuses on the single-player experience and allows for the creation of male of female avatars with a unique face known as a Holo-Me. These avatars will be visible in new a new cinematic third-persons camera suite being added to the game as well as a portrait accompanying messages sent to other players. They’ll also be visible on ships that support multiple crew members. Here’s an excerpt from Frontier’s press release:
“Multicrew co-op in The Commanders gives groups of players the opportunity to fly aboard the same ship, assuming one of three specialized roles. At the Helm is the pilot of the ship, while the Gunner handles secondary firing groups from a third-person tactical viewpoint and the Fighter flies into battle from the cockpit of their own ship-launched fighter deployed from the mother ship’s launch bay.”
- It appears CPU and GPU maker AMD wants to enter the VR space after buying wireless VR startup Nitero. The company’s wireless tech promises low-latency performance in room-scale VR environments for extremely low delays between a person’s movements and what they see on the display. You can read more in AMD’s press release.
- SumoDigital, the team behind Snake Pass, said they’re interested in DLC for the title. It’s something I’d be interested in as I like the game and Will was rather smitten by it as indicated in his review.
- Gamers itching to check out the new Prey will be able to play the first our for free on PS4 and Xbox One starting April 27.
- FEZ turned five this week and Polytron is doing a lot to celebrate. The studio announced the puzzle rotating indie title is coming to iOS some time in 2017.
- Bye-Bye BoxBoy on the eShop today
Team Kirby Crash Deluxe on the eShop today
Ever Oasis on June 23
RPG Maker Fes on June 27
Hey! Pikmin on July 28
Culdcept Revolt on August 29
Kirby’s Blowout Blast on the eShop this summer
Monster Hunter Stories this fall
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters this fall
Miitopia later this year
- Puyo Puyo Tetris on April 25
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on April 28
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition on May 11
Disgaea 5 Complete on May 23
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers on May 26
Arms on June 16
Splatoon 2 on July 21
Fate/Extella on July 25
Namco Museum this summer
Sine Mora EX this summer
BattleChasers: Nightwar in late summer
Sonic Forces this holiday season
Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition later this year
Payday 2 later this year
All this, and we still have E3 2017 in two months!